Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nice Weekend

This weekend I had a trip with some of my best friends. We went to Lake Louise and Banff. I have heard that the water of Lake Louise is as green as jadeite. However, the weather there was still extremly cold, so the entire lake was a big ice plank. I didn't see a green Lake Louise, but the magciment view of mountains aroud surprised me. I took a lot of pictures. Every photo is beautiful including those which I tooked by casually.
We started to hike Rokey Mountain after lunch. It was really a difficult task. In China, we have stairs and handtrails on the side of moutain pathes. When we hike a mountain in a tourist place in China, we just need to go along with the stairs. But this time, I can't depend on any stair or handtrail. In addition, the road was very slide because it was covered by thick snow and ice. I moved step by step cautiously. Every step seemed to be a big challenge to me. At first, we thought it was not so far from the top of the mountain and we would get there soon. Unfortunately, we thought little of it. It spent us two hours and a half to get the top there. We were all exhausted when we got the top. However, the beautiful view really worth it. I think the exiting adventure should be called a real hiking.

When we were on our way home, these mountains were gradually moving far away from us in our songs. It was a nice weekend. I am looking forward to next trip in summer when leaves turn to green and snow has melted.

7 comments:

NiNa said...

Hi Anna, you are so lucky to have such a great weekend. I have been to banff and lake louis many times but not in winter since it is too cold. It must be very nice in winter, isn't it:)

yuan said...

Hi Anna,

I agree with you that it is a nice travel. But I felt so so tired after this. I think I feel everywhere hurt.Maybe I need more practise.

NiNa said...

Hey anna, i just got ur comment. I know that many Vietnamese songs are translated from Chinese songs hehe but i think all the chinese songs are so nice. That is why we love it very much and we use our language to express it. Have a nice day anna and see you in school.

G-chenz said...

I can't agree with you MORE about the beautiful scenery in Banff! I've been there last winter. It was also extreme cold; however, we did enjoy our time and surprised by the fine views...
It was said that the hot spring there is very good; if possible, let's try that!

joy said...

hello anna, I am glad you had a wonderful weekend. But I was exhausted with the assigniment.haha.

Alec said...

Hi Anna,

Banff is really beautiful, everthing looks so good. But the pity is Lake Louis is still icing in this time. May be we can go there next time together!

adam,Q said...

~u seems better in picture.
that's a reaaly good weekend because of good friday.
nice dinner and happy trip