Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Big Week


This week is a big week to me because we have Chinese New Year in this week. This is my first Chinese New Year in Calgary. On Febrary 6th, I celebreted the Chinese New Year with some of my Chinese classmates in EAP.

At first, I was very sad on that day morning. I felt so bad because I can not together with my family on the big traditional holiday. I was on my way to UC when my family was eating dinners, chatting and laughting, watching the Spring Festival Party Show on CCTV. The weather outside was so cold as the same as the feeling I was inside. Whenever I imagine the warm scence, tears wet my eyes without consious.
However, there are so many nice people here. My friends invited me join their party to celebrate the New Year. At 6:00pm, Adam, Jethro, Amey and I went to downtown after we finished our class. We ate dinner in a Chinese resteraunt. That were the most delicious foods I have ever eaten. We talked for a long time after dinner. They inspired me to be stronger and positiver. I felt much better when I together with them. They are so kind. I like to spend time with them. Now, I know I am not alone in Calgary, I won't be lonely anymore because I have so many good friends. Thank you guys! I had a wonderful Chinese New Year night.

1 comment:

joy said...

After read your artical, I almost cry. When comes to Spring Festival, we have same feeling. How I miss our country.